50B-4KG1 & 2050B-4KG1 Pressure Relief Valve - UL, FM, ULC, ABS
The Cla-Val Model 50B-4KG1 Globe / 2050B-4KG1 Angle Pressure Relief Valve is designed specifically to automatically relieve excess pressure in fire protection pumping systems. Pilot controlled, it maintains constant system pressure at the pump discharge within very close limits as demands change.
- U.L. Listed / U.L.C. Listed/FM Approved
- Fast Opening to Maintain Steady Line Pressure
- Accommodates Wide Range of Flow Rates
- Closes Gradually for Surge-Free Operation
- Adjustable Pressure Settings, Not Affected by Pressure At Valve Discharge
How it works:
At pump start, Cla-Val Relief Valve modulates to relieve excess pump capacity, maintaining positive system pressure at the pump discharge.
When fire demand slows or ceases, Cla-Val Model 50B-4KG1 opens, diverting entire pump output to discharge, allowing fire pump to be stopped without causing surging in the lines.